View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #34
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
LOVE trading down.........
I agree. I think that if you take one of these QB's at 10 you are not getting the value you should be getting at that pick, you are simply reaching for a need no matter the talent level. I have been adamant in my dislike for Locker. I think he has the potential to be a big bust. I think Cam Newton is an even higher risk.

If we were a smart drafting team, which we obviously haven't been in the past but hopefully are moving in the right direction, we will try our best to trade down. I think with as many holes in this team as we have we need as many picks as possible. If a trade down is not possible, you take a defensive talent like Von Miller, as I also have been saying, to compliment Orakpo, and draft a QB like Ponder or Dalton in a later round.

Not that I am an expert but I think Ponder and Dalton could very well be best tooled for what Shanny is looking for. I could live with Locker in the later rounds, however I wouldn't be pleased. I would be very upset if we took Cam Newton. He has extremely limited experience at a high level. Yes he is a flashy play maker, but I don't think that wins championships. We don't have time for another big project. I know some people say, yeah well he was in JUCO playing, but there is a reason JUCO kids play there and not for a D-I school.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.57498 seconds with 10 queries