Thread: Redskins OTAs
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #39
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Redskins OTAs

So, youtube had a couple videos of all of Doctson's targets in the Denver and Saints game.

In the Saints' game, he had 4 catches on 7 targets. Of the three non-catches, he got his hands on one but couldn't pull it in, the other two were on Cousins.

In the Denver game he had 2 catches on 13 targets. Of the non-catches, the vast majority (at least 6) were just bad throws by KC. Three were ones he should have caught with one being a very tough but makeable catch.

Nothing in the videos, however, show a "soft" receiver. He ran over the middle without hesitation and consistently contested balls in the air (in one, he almost turned a certain interception in the end zone into a TD). When close, and whether he caught it or not, he would lay out and take the pounding in the attempt. In addition, on several of KC's misses, Doc was open and KC just either underthrew or overthrew him (in one Doc had beaten double coverage deep and KC just threw it behind him, two yards in front and it's a TD).

It was only two games but I didn't see anything in them that would cause me to believe he is lacking the skills or the will needed to be a No. 1 WR in the league.

At this point, I expect a big leap from last year. He had a full year of being healthy after missing all but two games his rookie year. In addition, I am admittedly buying into the company line that KC really didn't take many chances downfield with him (although he did force the ball into a couple double coverages in an attempt to give Doc a chance, I think he was about 50/50 on those).

All this is to say that, if I was to bet on it, I'd bet we see very significant improvement in his numbers this year.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02675 seconds with 10 queries