View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #64
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Case Keenum to the Skins

Way I see it there are only 2 scenarios here.

1) Keenum is trade bait for AZ if they do want to ship Rosen and get a QB they trust in Keenum. If AZ were leaving us hanging on a respectable deal for Rosen then it makes sense to call their bluff, but with a relatively cheap option. Keenum doesn't have a downside in this scenario.
2) Keenum is going into camp as a straight battler for #1 with McCoy, and we either draft a reasonably high round QB (2 or 3) or we go lower for a cheap rookie that could sit behind whoever wins the battle. I can't see us doing this deal and then using up our #1 on a QB, especially with our need on the OL. I say they will trade picks to get an extra 2nd and maybe 3rd, then go OL, OL, QB then the rest. If the rookie shows potential we cut Keenum/McCoy free next offseason and if (and big if) Smith comes back, the rookie has a year under him. If the rookie doesn't cut it, we go QB 1st round next year. Keenum doesn't come off that good a deal in this scenario (I'd have gone with McCoy and risked tanking myself) but he's still pretty cheap and should be a serviceable starter for 1 season. I honestly think in a straight battle McCoy is out the door.

And I agree with the point that Keenum is not a turnover machine. That is key if you want him in as a 'bridge' QB. It's not a great deal, but its far from a bad one.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 3.95817 seconds with 10 queries