View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Dwayne Haskins preseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
With the way the team is constructed - pound the rock and play good defense - I'm looking for a QB who can move the chains without making mistakes. Alex would have fit nicely but here we are. So I think it's got to be Keenum. I want Haskins to have his time to digest the playbook some more - get comfortable with making protection adjustments and pre snap reads.

If he shows improvement throughout the season during practice then I'm not against putting him in by any stretch, but I want to play the best guy and right now I think that's Keenum. He'll make a few plays outside the pocket, he knows how to read a defense, he'll put us in the best position to play field position battles and come away with points.
To be honest, Dwayne doesn't look ready yet regardless. I agree that Case should start week 1, right now he gives us the best chance to win. If we had a team like the Cowboys had or Steelers had with Dak and Ben, sure start Dwayne but we don't.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.34171 seconds with 10 queries