View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #1403
44 70 chip

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Perhaps he does. I think the evidence is clear that Campbell is better, but those who mis-valued Cutler last year are certainly going to be slow to admit the mistake. I mean, just look around here.

Cutler should rebound next season and get back to the top half of quarterbacks in the league, which is where Campbell is right now. I'm sure there's hope that Cutler will eventually regain his probowl form in Chicago, possibly legitimate hope, but I'm not sure why that would be a better bet than Campbell blossoming under Shanahan. Seems like a lot of hoping on both ends.
I disagree, Cutler's passing ability has been appearent IMO even while he was making poor decisions. Jason Campbell's short coming are the same as when he had protection last season and the one before... Campbell has overthrown far too many open receivers to think he's just going through growing pains... When a guy has his good completion % but so few long TD's a very low number of TD passes in general, and such low yard per completion averages... It says he's not an effective down field passer... His Int rate would be stellar if it wasn't for the fact that is it clearly a product of overly conservative decision making.

This conservative decision making is appearent in the stat someone brought up about Campbell being 2 and 16 in games where he's tied or behind by a TD with six minutes left... He's thrown 2 TD's and 4 Int's in those 18 games... When he HAS to make bigger throws he's not mediocre... he's terrible...

Honestly I wish it wasn't the case, he's clearly a likable, tough and personable guy.
44 70 chip is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05460 seconds with 10 queries