View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #239
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
This is old news but it's that time of year.

On JP Finlay's podcast dated 5-2-19, Sundberg, the long snapper makes an appearance.

In the first 10 minutes of the pod, the conversation turns to how the team chooses the captains.

DJ Swearinger's claim that his team mates voted him captain and then management stripped him of the "C".

Sundberg says he doesn't think that happens and says he was listening to Grant and Danny when DJ actually called in and was live on the radio discussing his release.

Sundberg went on to say he wanted to text or call into the show to say DJ was full of crap.

Again, old news at this point, but I thought it was interesting on the long swim to training camp.
This doesn't surprise me, given how Jon Allen called out Swearinger on Twitter about criticizing Manusky.

I loved the Sundberg interview. Dude was funny as hell and pretty straight up with JP. He also confirmed what many fans seem to ignore about Alex's leadership and how it was such huge loss to the team when it he went down. Interesting how Captain Kurt didn't come up in the conversation when they were talking about QB leadership. I hope JP asks him about this if/when they do follow up podcast (which needs to happen!)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03744 seconds with 10 queries