Thread: Nyg postgame
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #25
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Nyg postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Was it their drive in the 4th or the OT drive (the roller coaster ride is running together and I can't go back and watch) when Sweat blew the coverage in the middle of the field?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/12...157761/video/1

^^ video w breakdown of the play.

Pre snap we have 8 men in the box and 3 corner/safeties in im guessing a cover 3 variation. I think Sweat was supposed to play zone and release Barkely but there is no one playing zone cover in the middle of the field. We ended up having 3 redskins covering a short cross route (Sweat included).

We all hate seeing our edge rushers like Sweat, Kerrigan, Preston Smith, etc dropping back in zone or playing man on a TE or even slot.

I think its just unavoidable sometimes. It still blows my mind that it keeps happening but it must be some kind of unavoidable situation where occasionally you will just have to have a Sweat covering a Kelce or Barkely type player.

I would call a damn TO if I ever saw my DE being responsible for anyone in coverage. But that goes back to our problem of playing 3-4 and making guys like Sweat an OLB when they should be hand in dirt 4-3 DE. Last year we played nickel the majority of the time but when we do line up 3-4 ... we dont get the pressure on the QB who can then pick on a Sweat or Holcomb etc.

----------------------

Run defense ... what the hell. Our D has been healthy all year, I think Payne missed a game or two, but that the fuck.

Allowing 141 yds/game .. good for the 4th worst run D in the league.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04138 seconds with 10 queries