View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #54
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: RIP Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Thought I would drop this here too since we're talking about the unexpected and tragic loss of life.

Remember - life is a gift, and you never know when your number is going to be up. Also, please recognize that there are people, maybe someone close to you, who may be fighting demons - and it might not be all that apparent.

I challenge all of you to check in on your brothers and sisters - especially those whom you haven't talked with in a while. I just learned last night that a friend of mine, father of two boys (14 / 16) took his own life. I haven't really spoken much to him since about November. Our boys hung out, we would do happy hour in the back yard on occasion before we moved across town. I wish I had checked in on him more often. He was one of those dudes who you would NEVER expect to do such a thing. Seemingly had everything together, wonderful family, job, etc.

You just never know. Check in on your peeps...
Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead. After that my own rule is to let everything alone.

-- from Great Gatsby.

Saw the Redford version Friday night and your post reminded me of this quote from the movie that had me thinking afterwards.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 10 queries