View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:46 AM   #236
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Week 1 - Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
While I enjoy your analysis French, you are missing the point a little bit wrt Apke and Moreland. Moreland was cut because he was beaten out by StJuste, McTyer and Roberts. The sixth CB, like the 7th LB and the 5th Safety is primarily a ST player. Jimmy wasn't a ST guy. Now I don't disagree with your assessment that Apke is not a great ST player, saw him at least once take a bad angle on coverage and totally over pursue the returner, a key reason why he was/is such a bad DB. And you are right that sometimes coaches seem to latch onto certain players, maybe it is the ST coach and Ron is just having his back, and that always looks odd to those outside the team. What is strange to me is that, Ron is, seemingly, using any excuse to get rid of guys bought into the the team by the previous regime unless they are real talents and/or team players, yet he is keeping Apke who has obvious flaws when on the field even to the most casual observer
You are right about Moreland, him being cut doesn't have much to do with Apke. I'm just ranting.
My main point is Apke is not worth a roster spot, period. We could've used his spot many other ways (including keeping Moreland, signing KJ Wright etc... Etc...).
This narrative that he would be one of the best special teamers in the league just needs to stop. He is not. Maybe he is excellent in practice because of his speed, but good coaches see players who underperform in actual games...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.34205 seconds with 10 queries