View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The bottom line, is that the organization looks ... organized. You don't see the owner influencing drafts and trades. The coaching staff seems to be able to coach. And the talent evaluating staff seems to be doing a good job of evaluating talent, and the cost for said talent.

People who want to blow it up now or fire BA or whatever other action, seem to forget how far the Skins had fallen. People might turn to Philly as an example of an organization turning it around in 2 years, but Philly didn't sink as low as the Skins of the 2000's. We are talking Cleveland levels of incompetence.

You can look at the Skins, and see an organization now that seems to "get it". I can agree that if we get stuck at the 8-8 level that evaluations should be made, but even at 8-8 year in year out, that's better than 10 years of being 4th in the division.

IF that means my sights are set too low so be it. I simply want the Skins to be competitive every year, and IF they are, then playoff wins and even SB wins can follow. BUT blowing up an organization that finally is moving away from incompetence to competence is simply asking for a retread fo the late 2000's.
I'm not doubting Allen's ability to organize the organization.

He's also responsible for building the team. Williams and Gruden answer to him.

If he's insinuating that both of them be held accountable for the W-L record but he's exempt because he brings stability, I'm calling BS.

Seahawks and Eagles are both recent examples of teams that went from mediocre to SB wins in under 5 years. Meanwhile here we are 5 years later from the start of Gruden (not of Allen) hoping we take the next step this year.

Are you satisfied with being the Bengals Cred?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04119 seconds with 10 queries