View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: QB or BPA for our #1 Draft Pick - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
First, i was just throwing Haskins and Trent out there as options.

Maybe the Bengals had a 2nd or 3rd round grade on Haskins and WOULD have drafted him if he'd been there with one of those picks. You cant say they don't like Haskins at all simply because they didn't REACH even higher than Snyder to get him.

As far as Haskins' play, no, it hasn't been good, but he wasn't expected to be good right away. He had limited experience in college and was not viewed as NFL-ready. What we are seeing now is exactly what we thought we would see. I would imagine that his play so far is in line with the draft grades most teams had on him.

So basically, you can't say Haskins doesn't have ANY value in a trade. Josh Rosen was awful last year, had much less "upside" than Haskins, and the Dolphins still gave up a 2nd round pick for him. Its preposterous to think there aren't coaches out there who don't think they could mold Haskins into a top QB.

Ultimately, whatever we do with Haskins, it should not impact our desire to trade up to #1 to get Burrow. Find out what the Bengals want and then do it. That's my opinion anyways.
I actually can but I never did...so carry on with more trade scenarios. How about Trent Williams, Deez Nuts, for....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04473 seconds with 10 queries