View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: Reaction to Draft: exceeds, meets, or meh

A little bit of everything. I've calmed down on the Murphy pick even if it was a round or two early, but we got the tackle that was desperately needed so that helped assuage my frustration of the pick. I'm still really disappointed in not drafting an ILB nor a pass receiving threat out of the back field. Maybe they see something in one of the 3 guys signed as a potential long term option or maybe even Keenan finally staying healthy and being who we had hopes for him to be. With us supposedly being enamored with getting Sproles or all the looks at pass catching rbs like Sims and Carey, that'd have been an awesome element to add another wrinkle to our offense. I actually like Seastrunk as a great change of pace back from Morris, but he doesn't have that threat for screens or pass blocking from what I've read.

But overall combined with the free agency pickups before hand, people coming back from injury, and the draft I'm liking the make up of this team a lot better than what we had last year. Hopefully we do well enough to pick around the 18-20 range and then next year could be the year to dream really big is what I'm hoping.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 10 queries