View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #41
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Bruce Allen FINALLY speaks....at the Senior Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
people still defending RG3 as a good QB....the bottomline, the trade and pick which Bruce is the decision maker was one of the top all time bust. The trade itself was a top retard move...set the franchise back move. RG3 never did shit after the gimmick offense was uninstalled...give Shanny and son credit, the scheme was good for a year. RG3 is and always will be a terrible bust.
RG3 was a good pick at the time (trading up for him, not so much). We could have built off his successful rookie campaign were it not for the factors I mentioned. We will never know, but, had he been drafted by a non-dysfunctional franchise that did not enable his diva-personality, I think he could have had a decent career

Quote:
Defend the McNabb Trade and Contract next?
No - I was speaking of the more recent moves. The McNabb trade was horrible at the time and turned out exactly like we all expected it to.

Quote:
The handling of Cousins was god awful. Could have signed him to a cheap deal.... refused. Instead of trading him when value was max...let him walk with an end of the round 3rd round pick. Basically a 4th round pick folks.
Did you not read the very post you were responding to? I specifically limited my comments to acquiring the quarterbacks... not subsequent mismanagement of them.

Quote:
Never drafting a competent young QB to learn under Cousins while you never intended to seriously sign.
Nate Sudfeld?

Quote:
The 3rd god aweful trade, this time for an Alex Smith who was coming off career best year...while also having the top NFL rushing attack with K Hunt. NOT ONLY trading for him, but quickly signing him for a long term deal...INSTEAD of waiting to see how he performed in Jays system. Which the apologist now conveniently claim...this wasn't his fault, it just wasn't a fit. BULLSHIT.
who is saying it wasn't a fit? Smith was in his first year in a new system and playing mistake free football before he got hurt. He wasn't lighting it up, but, as you reference, he certainly wasn't surrounded by the talent (healthy) that he had in KC. For the money, had Smith stayed healthy and not suffered a freak injury, we got him to a great contract. His injury along with your (justifiable) hatred of Allen provides you an excellent reason to criticize the move in retrospect, but no one can predict this sort of injury. Its a risk that is taken with ALL contracts.

Had Smith played well, and he had not gotten hurt, you would be BASHING the skins right now for NOT having the foresight to sign him to an extension now as we'd be playing the tag game with him just like we had been with Cousins.

Quote:
Bruce Allen has a history of fucking up the QB position period.
I agree - his management of the position has been terrible. In fact, pretty much EVERYTHING under his tenure has been terrible. But the team has acquired a number of good QBs during his tenure. To deny that is simply to ignore evidence that doesn't fit your preferred narrative.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 10 queries