View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins don't plan on third straight franchise tag for Kirk Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
@MySportsUpdate

Important note from @PSchrags this morning: Kirk Cousins will be looking for a mostly-guaranteed, short-term contract from a team (3-4 year deal) so he’ll be able to “double dip” and hit the market again as the price on QBs continues to go up.

That interview with The Fan a couple years ago told me all that was needed to say about Kirk. When he talked about how taking less wouldn't be fair to future QBs it told me he only cared about the money. Sure winning is nice, but bottom line it was about the money. To each his own really, but he needs to put down that Jesus facade bullshit if he's going to go this route.
What team would give him a 3-4 year deal knowing(!!) that he will go the Franchise Tag route after that. I think any team would be crazy to sign their qb to that type of deal. Maybe a 4 year with a team option for the 5th. But 4 years basically guaranteed is nearly franchise suicide.

I can't see Elway agreeing to that type of arrangement. It really looks like the Jets will be the team, even if Minnesota is shooting itself in the foot with all their qb's.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05934 seconds with 10 queries