View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #34
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Chase young discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I would add that it's more critical because we traded our 2nd for a highly rated defensive player last year. I know we should and hopefully will take Chase Young, but at that point our front 7 will include 4 first round "can't miss" players. And our strongest lineman right now is a 5th round guy in Ionnaidis.

That's a LOT of draft capital in one part of the team. Meanwhile our TE and Oline spots are if not in shambles, shaky at best, our WRs hopefully ok but if so we got lucky, and our corners are also questionable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This is my thought exactly....... if we assume Ionnadis and Payne are our best DTs and we are going to pick Chase Young, then is it crazy to believe that it would be best to flip one of the other three for picks? Kerrigan is older but has been a warrior for he team and will provide limited return, Sweat would make a good bookend for Young and is on cheap rookie contract, Johnathan Allen is a leader so difficult to imagine him being traded....... having the best defence is not going to generate points, though of course it will limit the number of points we have to score...... I am firmly on the fence with this which is why I will trust RR and co to make the right decision for the team
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.39010 seconds with 10 queries