View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

re: Om Field: Steady As She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'm not saying Gibbs was the stumbling block. But Saunders might have been. I think most of the players would tell you they are excited about this offense. I doubt Jason would be having this good of a year with Saunders still here. I personally give Zorn a lot of credit for that. I don't know that the defense is playing better than last year and none of the draft has contributed much to the offense so far. They will, but they have'nt yet. The defense has played well but ALOT of credit for our record has to go to the offense. And to this point , the draft has had nothing to do with our offensive output. And remember, we had Sean the first 4 games last year. That had nothing to do with how out of sync our offense appeared. I am not saying anything derogatory about Gibbs, he brought us 3 super bowl trophies and my admiration for him goes way beyond the field. I AM saying we would have been better off without Saunders and Zorn has done a hell of a job and I'm glad he's our coach.
I think if Saunders had stayed on, right now we would be in a bitter QB controversy (unless Gibbs did what Zorn did and said JC is the starter, period). And it would have been a huge distraction for the media. I give a ton of credit to JG for his 2nd go here, and now its time to see what Zorn can do with what JG2 produced. So far I would say its in good hands.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04115 seconds with 10 queries