View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
30gut
Playmaker

Re: How much have we improved player personnel?

I think the D all around got better this offseason but I'll start with Run Defense:

In another thread there was a discussion about the reason for the poor run defense.

I thought it was less of DL issue then a LB/S issue.

Watching the games that was my thought and imo its supported by 3rd party data (football outsiders, PFF).

Baker, Ricky Jean, Paea were/are historically solid against the run.
From watching the games and this is supported again by PFF; all the LBs not named Foster were poor against the run.
Same goes for the S spot, would you have guessed that Hall was the best S against the run and he was learning the S position.

Stephen Daniels was a player I liked during the draft process. You can find 2 of his games on nflbreakdown; and from watching the games I would be hard pressed to say that Reggie Ragland is better then him, they may as well be twins.

IF Daniels plays in the base D the run defense is gonna improve.

The FA S, David Bruton I haven't watched him extensively but he's known for physical play as a core special teamer and he graded well against the run 75 which would make him by far the highest graded run stopping S on the roster.

Su'a Craven fits the mold of a solid run stopper, the dude played LB in college and imho will make even more of an impact in the NFL with the move to SS.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04491 seconds with 10 queries