View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #320
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Skins v. Lions Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I think the reason this stings is that we really could and should have won even with the mistakes. But let's be honest - we could easily have lost some games we have won in the last few weeks too. We are a decent team - but it means that some weeks, the breaks won't go our way and we lose, whereas other weeks they do and we win. But the good teams are sufficiently better than their opponents to not have to rely on breaks here and there. We just aren't consistently there yet, although we certainly show flashes.

Let's see how they respond next week. No flat start will be excusable. They need to come out angry and just keep at it for 60 minutes. They're talented enough to beat the Bengals. But nothing short of their best effort is likely to achieve that result.

The injuries today were really concerning - Trent, Scherff, Norman, Breeland for a while - that's a lot of talent with a real drop off afterwards (with the possible exception of breeland) for a team with little margin for error.

On Jones v Kelly, I get the impression that Jones has taken his starting role for granted - once we got rid of Alfmo, he seems less hungry. Kelly on the other hand looks like he is dying to see the field and runs like he is running for freedom. Love to see that effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kelly reminds me of former cowboys rb Marion Barber,a very bruising and punishing runner.He probably wouldnt have a long career but would be damn good for a short period of time{3-4 yrs}

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07246 seconds with 10 queries