View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #160
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Super Bowl LII Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah I'm not even sure the rule itself needs to change that much.
They just need to be consistent in the way they apply the rule, and don't overturn the call on the field unless you really have something clear.
I like the stand on the Clement's TD.

On the Ertz TD, announcers made fools of themselves, they got confused with the rule that a receiver CATCHING THE BALL GOING TO THE GROUND must maintain control of the ball all the way through.
But Ertz didn't caught the ball going to the ground, he caught the ball, took several steps, and THEN went to the ground.
That is the difference between this and the Jesse James play which was a good overturn with the rule as it's written now. Maybe there's something that needs to change there.
I dont see how you can agree with the Jesse James catch but thought the Clement's ruling was ok? Ball was obviously moving,that should have been a no catch under the current rule the way they have called it this year,but the rule is so fucking confusing,no consistency whatsoever,so no wonder it's confusing to the announcers,and the Ertz catch I thought was a catch and run,but I can see why Collingsworth could be confused after he couldnt believe the Clements call stood.

As for Brady,I was definitely pulling for him to pull it out.Haters gonna hate.That dude probably works harder then anybody at his game,takes extreme care of his body,demands accountability from his teammates,ultimate competitor.
AT 40 YEARS OLD!!! Wins MVP! I dont think he is truly appreciated for how good he is,has anybody at QB position ever come close to winning MVP at his age before? Shreds Phillys defense for over 500 yards in a Super Bowl! And he had an off game lol
Dude is unbelievable

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03993 seconds with 10 queries