View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #43
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: Battle of the bad GM's

They're both terrible but have their pros and cons.

Vinny Cerrato

Pros: Brought in big name free-agents and got fans excited every off-season. That's all I got...

Cons: Big name free-agents hardly (seemingly never) panned out or made any impact. The guy just seemed unstable/in over his head and didn't inspire any confidence. Was a business guy and not a "football" guy. Had too much unwarranted control. Traded away our draft picks almost every year. Missed on most draft picks we had left.

Bruce Allen

Pros: Brought some stability and frugality back to the organization. Skins are no longer seen as a "final stop" destination for aging veterans to cash out and slack off the last few years of their career. Drafts have been better during his tenure, although I believe a lot of that is due to Gruden and some of the other guys in the Personnel department.

Cons: Sleazy executive type who doesn't handle business as a man should. Hides from the media when the outcome of each year is heavily influenced by his decisions. Losing record that wouldn't be tolerated most other places.

At the end of the day i'd go with Bruce if these were my only two options. He's terrible, yes, but I'm at least pleased with the fact that we're looked at as "Mis-managed" and not just a place to collect checks anymore. The ONE constant over the past 20 years though is not found in the Front Office, Coaching Staff, Training Staff, etc. It's the Owner. It's Dan Snyder. I know this isn't any shocking information but it's true. I do not trust him to hire a competent GM anymore. I don't think a competent GM would prefer to work here. Money always talks, and i'm sure we could lure one eventually, but my trust has been seriously shaken with this team. The closest thing we've had to a functional FO was with Scot M. running the football side and BA running the business side. Scot had his flaws, and Bruce was more involved with football than we realized. But THAT structure was our best chance to succeed. Bruce is a businessman, let him handle Business. Get somebody else to run our football team and leave him the eff alone.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04443 seconds with 10 queries