View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #220
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Thanks for sharing the article, I really love what I read in the article. I especially loved the part where he confronted Panthers team after one player complained about how different it was when Riveria took over the team. This is exactly what Redskins need at this point. I cannot wait to see what Riveria's plans are for this offseason..

On a different note, apparently O'Connell is not locked to be Redskins offense coordinator. Riveria will interview him for the position. According to Rapoport's report. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1212378087570247680

No coach on the Redskins staff now should be a “lock” - not even O’Connell. But I hope he gets the OC job. I’d really like to see how he could do without Callahan or Gruden over-riding his playcalling. I mean the Redskins ran on 80% of their first downs -is that predictable or what??

I think in the last games we saw some of O’Connell’s playcalling unfettered by HC overrides. Haskin’s has two outstanding last two games and O’Connell’s plays were imaginative. Adding someone like Austin Hooper at TE in FA will fill a huge hole left by Reed and Davis. We need an elite TE for Haskins development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03683 seconds with 10 queries