View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #41
Number44
Special Teams

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This is from cbssports.com most recent mock draft. I feel a little naughty for posting this.

NFL MOCK DRAFT ROUND 1

Round 1 - Pick 1

Joe Burrow QB
LSU • SR • 6'4" / 221 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati
PROSPECT RNK
2nd
POSITION RNK
1st
Joe Burrow silenced any concerns that he would refuse to play for Cincinnati. It was the only obstacle remaining before the two parties came together.

Round 1 - Pick 2

Tua Tagovailoa QB
ALABAMA • JR • 6'0" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
1st

If the NFL Draft were a straight forward venture then there would be no need for mock drafts. A year ago, the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray one year after drafting Josh Rosen in the top 10. If Washington comes to the conclusion that Tagovailoa is a better long-term option than Dwayne Haskins, why would they not take him and then deal Haskins for additional draft capital?
I think that perhaps some of us are forgetting about Young in the equation. It isn't a comparison of Haskins vs. Tua. It is a comparison of Haskins plus Young vs. Tua. If you think Haskins is so valuable that he could be traded for top draft picks, then all the more reason to keep him and draft Young. I'm a huge Tua fan, but we are talking about Haskins plus one of the top graded players of all time in Young. I really think RR looks at it this way as well.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06308 seconds with 10 queries