View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #56
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Super sad today. I started watching and picked the skins as my team around 89, or 90. Man....watching that 91 suber bowl was amazing. Watching Jim kelly get absolutely thrown around by, arguably, one of the best defensive units to ever take the field was something that my 10 year old eyes were taken back by. That was it for me....I was a fan for life. All of my favorite players were on that 91 team....right down to chip lohmiller. Joe Gibbs is in the top 3 or 4 coaches to ever field a team. I remember being unbelievably proud to put on my mark rypien jersey and go to school which in my area is 80 % eagles fans, and 15% dallas fans at the time with some giants fans peppered in. Even as late as last year I bought an ernest byner jersey. I'm still unbelievably nostalgic about that team. That superbowl is on youtube, btw...if anyone wants to see the Bill's get handled. I remember watching the posse line up in the bunch formation while the hogs defended the qb so many times. It was like watching a piece of art being painted.
I embrace change, generally speaking...but this ones kind of tough to wrap my head around. This is something that's been a part of my life for 30 years. When I was at the lowest points in my life, I could still put on the skins and get together with some good friends and for at least a little bit, forget about problems....win, lose, or draw (fucking Bengals in london) I could just relax and have fun with friends and family. That's probably my absolute fondest memory about the skins. How much fun it was to just spend time with loved ones while watching play...good or bad.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 10 queries