View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #60
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Philly postgame week 1

What a great game! By the end of the first quarter, I was so sure that it was going to be an ugly game. You all already brought up some points from the game, and there are a few others I want to point out:

- While the Dline dominated Eagles offense, it's easy to forget how depleted Eagles Oline is. Young showed how much he still has to learn, an aging LT Peters won almost all battles against Young. Although I loved how Young tried to attack the ball while sacking Wentz. Other bonus - Wentz often evade sacks from us but not this game, all LBs and Dline were careful when approaching Wentz, I think that shows how well JDR and defense coaches trained the players to be disciplined.

- Our LBs cannot keep up with TEs, that is a concern when we play against teams with great TEs. Fortunately for us, there aren't that many teams with athletic TEs. JDR obviously made a nice adjustment for the second half to prevent the duo TEs from feasting on our defense.

- Our Oline is weak and couldn't open lanes for our RBs. I could see why the coaches really like Gibson, he tries to hit holes fast and hard but there isn't much Gibson and Barber could do if the Oline don't help out.

- It looks like we managed to solve our red zone issues, we also learned how to capitalize on the defense turnovers. Those 2 are the areas we have struggled in for years. Big kudos to the new coaches!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04156 seconds with 10 queries