View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #45
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Weve had sensible low key offseasons for a few years now. We had 22.4M in unused cap this year, 12.7M in unused cap for 2019.

I understand saving some cap to roll over into next season .. but you cant just keep doing that in perpetuity. Arent we building up cap savings to strike when the irons hot? We have one more year with Allen under contract. 2 more years of Payne and Matty I.

Very reasonable to assume that once we find our QB1, LB, CB2 and WR2 ... given the state of the NFCE .. we should be perennial NFCE champs for the next 2-3 years, fighting it out with the NYG.

Being the playoffs greatly increases your chances of a superbowl vs not being in the playoffs.
With DAK coming back, the Cowboys offense is legit and with a couple of moves on defense (including getting their guys healthy) they will be much improved . . . same for Philly, they had a ton of injuries this year, but with improved QB play and getting some guys back healthy they could also be much improved . . . the Giants also have some pieces in place and should be getting healthier as well, if they shore up their o-line they'd be dangerous too . . . So we need to improve, especially at QB, WR and LB if we want to keep on top of the division. Mark my words, the NFC EAST will be vastly better next year.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03462 seconds with 10 queries