View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
Skin Patrol
Camp Scrub

Re: Where will you "draft" your skins?

I'd consider taking Portis in the third sport and rethink LJs status as the front runner in the first spot. Regarding the former, Portis comes off a huge yardage year and I favor consistency on a roster more than big games. I think the entire Redskins offense, which was surprisingly productive last year (11th overall) is going to be considerably better with Al Saunders; and not just on long bombs to Santana Moss either. There will be some more redzone posessions this year where we have consistent chain-movement from one endzone to the other.

I understand that Portis loses touchdowns near the endzone to players like Sellers and Cooley, but teams will adjust to those guys and Portis is at least good for the 10 he had last year. Factor in additional receptions from Saunders offense and you might squeeze out an additional 1 or 2 tds.

Most importantly I think is that Portis will slowly transition from a power runner (he bulked up last season, remember and has since lost weight) up the middle to an outside threat, and this translates into longer runs and, possibly, hopefully, please, more long breaks for touchdowns -- and more yards.

But I'm willing to hear arguments. If you can fit 3-4 guys legitimately in front of Portis I'll consider calling down that #3 pick, but I've got see the list with support.
Skin Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03704 seconds with 10 queries