Thread: Branden Albert
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
DGreene28
Special Teams

Re: Brandon Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Well, lets pretend for a second that the opinion stated in the report is as true as an opinion can be. The thing that worries me about Albert is he doesn't have lots of raw power like a Chilo Rachel. However the part that gives me hope is the guy reportedly has a mean streak, which makes me believe that Bugel is more then capable of teaching the guy technique when it comes to run blocking.
True he doesn't have the raw power of Chilo. But he is very agile and quick ... he was out in front of Simpson on run pull plays setting up multiple blocks. Some knockdown pancakes vs ACC competition. Not your typical engage and push down cakes but frieght train coming through players bouncing off him ala Sellers vs Kennedy... Then he keeps going looking for the next guy. Rachal is a great prospect too but I think ALbert is a next level type prospect. If we had Albert on one side and THomas on the other thats two really good pulling G's we could add whole new dynamic to our offense. Kendall is a nice G, but he can't stay in front of CP... don't even mention Fabini or Wade. Albert can stay out front of CP better then Thomas and Sellers next season. Did I mention Albert's reception and juke in the open field? It's a thing of beauty. I don't want to give away our hand or anything but if DRC, Albert and Hardy are all on the board when we pick... it will be a tough one.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 10 queries