View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #73
44ever

Re: Saints Hire Gregg Williams for D-Coordinator Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Install his offense? Baltimore, new HC, new QB, new offense...ummm their in the play offs.

Miami, new HC, new QB to the system, new offense....ummm they made it to the play offs.

Atlanta, new HC, new QB, new offense....ummm they made it to the play offs.

Install his coaches? His coaches were half picked for him and I get the feeling that's not going to change. It would be nice to see him bring in some more WCO coaches to help him but I honestly am beggining to think the front office, Snyder, Cerratto, and Zorn are thinking status quo.

We might see some new players....if were lucky. Maybe we should start with Thomas, Kelly, and Davis. Gotta start somewhere.

Install playcalling? I thought Zorn did that? I agree the team needs to know it backwards and forwards so JC can change the play at the line if need be.

I don't know if he should be a HC or not...you know how they say you get like a 300 for simply putting your name on the SAT correctly.....well Zorn took a decent team whether border line play off or not ...the team itself should have been able to go 8-8 even with out a coach. As to comparing and whether its fair....totally fair. Zorn was thrown into a HC position from QB coach. All the rest were Coordinators on teams prior to taking HC positions. This shows exactly what everyone is saying when they say he may have taken on too much all by himself and not having a proven NFL OC to back him up or assist along with only having half a staff that knows the WCO.

If Snyder, Cerratto and Zorn can finally figure all that out then maybe, just maybe next year we will be a better team.
Look brother your frustrated. And so am I. I guess I'm just looking at things a little differently. Mabye with a little more optimism. What's that going to do come end of next season. If things don't work out it's probably going to change. And if they do change, change to what? But in the end there will be disapointments. Whats going to happen when we finally have a great defense and Portis breaks down. We're Skins fans. What else is new! But I'm optimistic for what it's worth.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05868 seconds with 10 queries