View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #18
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: Since we signed Patten....

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
I tend to think the best thing to do is to draft the best player available regardless of position. QUOTE]

I almost totally agree with this notion, but then again we lost Coles AND Gardner and just got Patten and Moss. I think we need more help at wideout. We don't have a proven #2 wideout right now.

Moss was set to be demoted to #3, Patten was the Pats #3 or 4, Thrash is well Thrash, and Jacobs hasn't touched the starting lineup.
While Jacobs hasnt touched the starting line up he has been getting groomed for it. Whether we draft a WR or not I think that we will be ok. Think about it Even Sean Taylor didn't start right away, so what makes you think that A 1st round drafted rookie would and have a significant impact on the offense.

Furthermore, Taylor Jacobs just hasn't been given the opportunity to shine yet. He was in the shadows of Coles and Gardner. They were getting paid to be the starters, so naturally were going to start. I am not saying that he is the man, but lets give him a chance in game situations before we declare him as garbage.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03838 seconds with 10 queries