View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #50
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Where will McNabb land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Haynesworth may indeed "cry uncle" at some point; that is true.

However, he has that contract that will retch him a total of somewhere near $100M if the Skins just continue to keep him around. That means he stands to collect $50-60M more from this time forward just for being "kept on the bench". He may decide that is a good financial move on his part.

So - - you have to be prepared to for that kind of an eventuality in this face-off if your course of action is to "show him who's boss". I am not saying it is a guarantee that this is how it will play out- - but it could happen.

Personally, I would trade him to an AFC team for a conditional 7th round pick and be done with him. However, I am not the coach or the GM...
I think Haynesworth and McNabb bring two similar issues to the table, the Redskins spent a lot of resources in getting them, and they didn't work out. However, I think it is better for the Redskins to cut their losses with Haynesworth and just lose the money. With McNabb, part of me wants to find a way to work it out with him. We spent a 2nd rounder on him, and while I'm not say that is more expensive than 21 mil., I'd just hate to give up a 2nd rounder to rent McNabb for a couple of games last season. Keeping Haynesworth in any way is not productive for the team. Meanwhile, in some way I think McNabb and the Redskins could help themselves by trying it out one more season (the Redskins get to ease in a rook QB and McNabb makes himself more marketble to teams).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05819 seconds with 10 queries