View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Redskins 2011 Draftees

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The scary thing is, I don't think he was. This was the same guy who said he wants to be an entertainer and an icon. He puts his foot in his mouth every chance he gets. On Friday ESPN980's Chris Russell said he tried to get Newton on the show with John Thompson (pre-draft) because he thought it would be a solid fit as an interview. Well, he said Newton's agent/representatives said no because basically they were scared of what he'd say.

I don't have the exact transcript, but Deion Sanders asked what was the first thing he was going do after going #1, and his response was vacation.

I think Cam Newton is going to be an epic bust.
Cam Newton was with his mom at the time and Deion Sanders asked what he was going to do for his mother now that he was the first overall draft pick.

Cam's response was "We're going to do a vacation" something to that effect. She agreed and said that it was much needed.

I'm sure this guy has been heavily prepping since the combine so it's probably not a totally unreasonable response.

I'm indifferent to Cam's prospects but just wanted to clarify that the assertion that he wants to go on vacation is out of context.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05038 seconds with 10 queries