View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #21
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: ESPN the Magazine ranks the best & worst franchises in america. Redskins ranked 121 out of 122.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Your opinion, which you are entitled to. Not naive to the fact there is TMZ like journalism at times, but there's plenty of oustanding journalism here as well (for the record, I have nothing to do with the journalism here). Which I know many would not willingly admit to, lest they think they're being uncool by liking something ESPN has to offer. Do I get a bit defensive at times? Sure, but that's largely because they're watching me...kidding, it's because having worked with four major media companies this is hands down the best I've worked with. And with CNN turning to Bill Maher for political insight...I don't hold them in such high regard
CNN used merely for the perception of journalistic standard.. Could have also used Enquirer/Wall St. Journal analogy. I swing at ESPN mostly because I remember what they were vs. what they are today, but all due respect to the WWL. From the people I know who still work there, they hold it in high regard as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
I agree that it is low, but maybe not ridiculously low. And as I said before (becuause I know people think this is place is run by Redskins haters), others here would agree. But there a lot of factors involved, not least of which was the sports fans' impressions. And most sports fans think as poorly (most poorly?) of the Redskins as they have in nearly two decades.

I think we're absolutely in the right direction, but we've been in the right direction a couple of times in recent years only to come crashing down again.

I'm sure within two weeks, something will be written about something Dan Snyder said or did, and we'll all go back to talking about how awful the franchise is because of him...
So true as well. I hate to hear us joked about in such regard but until we regain respectability it is hard to debate our standing in the public eye.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04507 seconds with 10 queries