View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #55
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: ESPN: Teams that are helped/hurt by the new salary cap proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
If Aubrayo's going to be that expensive, he'll walk.

I really think it's that simple. They'll attempt to sign him to a deal that's fair to both parties, but if he balks and one money, the Redskins will let him walk and move into the secondary market. I think the signing of O.J Atogwe proved that we're going to be taking a different approach and not setting the market for players.

Then again it seems like it's just a stupid rumor because everyone knows we need a nose tackle. Mike plays his cards so close to his chest I don't think anyone actually has any clue who he's targeting in free agency.

I mean people have said they "heard" we were looking at signing Jamarcus Russell after that one off "favor for a friend" workout last year. We'll look at Franklin, but we're not going to set the market for him until the front office sees what everyone else is offering for him.
He's going to have plenty of offers though. I dunno, if things are really different this time around, you might see us make a fair offer to the one starting-caliber nose on the FA market, but lose out to another team who overpays. I haven't ruled out the possibility of that happening. But the historical M.O. of the Redskins is that they'll actually get Franklin and be worse off for it.

And I think if they do get Franklin, they'll be worse off. It doesn't HAVE to be like that. There may be no market for his services. But that's not what I'm expecting.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 10 queries