View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: 2013 NHL season about to commence!

I've liked the Caps since I was a kid and have considered myself a huge fan since they drafted Ovie, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not all that excited the lockout is over. This is mainly because I am a bitter, bitter person.

I convinced myself during the playoffs last season that the Caps were going to win it all, so I was sort of devastated when they were bounced by the rangers. And now I feel beaten down by the way the Nationals and Redskins' seasons came to a screeching halt during the postseason and I don't know if my psyche can handle that sort of thing again this spring.
On top of all that, even before the lockout I figured this would be kind of a rebuilding year for the Caps as they transitioned back into an offensive team under Adam Oates.

Okay, enough negativity from me... Hopefully Oates and the stint back in Russia can snap Ovechkin out of the mini-slump he's been in the past two seasons and he can return to being the dynamic goal-scorer he was a few years ago. Combine that with improved play from some of the younger guys and a better second line with Ribeiro and hopefully the Caps can make some noise this year and on into the summer.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04226 seconds with 10 queries