View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Bills Post Game - Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Thought Haskins was pretty solid. Missed some plays as every rookie does.

Bill Callahan was a fucking embarrassment. Never seen a coach purposely try to lose so hard.
Idk about trying to lose, but he definitely wasn't trying to win.

He was coaching like he was trying his damndest to win the game without throwing a forward pass, which is pretty consistent with what we've seen through 3 weeks.

It's obvious he has no faith or trust in Haskins, and I'm guessing it's because Haskins is learning slowly and is far from ready.

The whole time AP was gashing them, I was thinking about how a good coach would use that to set up play action. But Haskins either has no concept of how to run play action or Callahan doesn't trust him to run play action.

Either way it's going to be a long season regardless of who's under center.

Haskins showed me enough today to let him learn under center for the rest of the year. I don't know that Callahan is going to ever be comfortable enough to unleash him a bit though.

Callahan is coaching like a guy who's going to retire at the end of the year, and doesn't care how many he wins or loses before then. I'll be happy when he's gone.

Manusky - what can we say that hasn't been said already? Our defense looks bombed out and depleted. I think we have talent there, although we definitely need more, and I think fans in general underrate how important coaching is. Is Brady Brady without Belichick? Good coaches mask deficiencies and make players better. Bottom line: Is Manusky, or any of his coaches, making anyone better? I think Tomsula is doing good work with the d-line but that's it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03615 seconds with 10 queries