View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 11:03 AM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Commanders Free Agency Tamper Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I am not ready to say that just yet. It's entirely possible, but it's way too early to say that.

3 days after the tampering period started last year we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Larsen, Kyle Allen, and Dustin Hopkins.

4 days after the tampering period started last year we signed William Jackson and Curtis Samuel.

After that - Adam Humphries, Darryl Roberts, De Andre Carter, Sammis Reyes, Ereck Flowers.

Then we had the Draft...

Then we brought in Charles Leno, Bobby McCain, Ricky Seals-Jones, some other depth pieces throughout the summer.

I'm not sure how you can think - definitively - that they are done in the secondary, or any position group for that matter.
For me Im comfortable with saying our starting secondary is set, unless we draft a secondary guy at 11 (Hamilton/Stingley/Gardner).

I dont think we have the cap or roster need to add an impact secondary FA.

Im talking adding a starter secondary player ... not depth. Most of the guys you listed we either depth or we had a roster need for a starter.

We dont have the cap to add an impact guy in the secondary, any cap needs to go filling out our roster depth .. we have about 40 guys under contract who will make the 53, we have a lot of depth guys to add.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.17522 seconds with 10 queries