View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #27
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
Howdy Warpathers. This is my first post to this board. Initially, let me say: Boy am I glad I found this place!! Although this is my first post, I have been reading the board for awhile and found it to contain intelligent, thoughtful comments. Thanks to Matty, Smoot and the other regulars for providing interesting debate on a variety of subjects.

More relevant to this string: Thanks JoeC for giving some great insight into the practices and the player evaluations. My addiction is temporarily sated.

One question, I was reading that several members of the O-Line were out and that the back-ups seemed to be a bit overwhelmed with no one really stepping up. What was your take on their performance?

Thanks.
Welcome, JoeRedskin, and I'm glad I could help. Look for more from the post-draft minicamp in May.

I'll also be at the Draft Day party at FedEx, hopefully. I hope to see lots of Warpathers there, so be sure to get your invitations here: http://www.redskins.com/tcamp.asp

As far as the O-line goes, it was a really fierce battle out there. There were a number of guys sitting out (Samuels, Moore, Dockery), so the backups were forced to pickup the slack, amid a torrent of blitzes fired upon them by the defense, commanded by Gregg Williams. Those were definitely some adverse conditions for those guys to have to work under, and I think they did okay, considering. Tim Hasselbeck wasn't really helping them-- fumbling the snap on three occasions, and holding the ball way too long on others.

Let's just say the defense looked great, while the offense-- aside from receivers Jacobs, Cloman and Swayne, and H-back Sellers-- looked a little rusty and out-of-sync.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04985 seconds with 10 queries