View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Fitzmagic thread

I dont know ... I have some reservations with how Fitz will fit and compliment our team. I was kinda on board with ball control offense, with using multiple weapons within 10 yards of LOS, making those high percentage plays that are designed to pick up 5 yards but in the hands of a Gibson/McKissic could go for 15 plus.

That if our O didnt turn the ball over and an O that can ball control .. our opponent might only get 8 or less possessions a game.

On the flip side ... its a chunk yardage game which we did horribly at and its probably stupid to try and play 1990 football in 2021.

I just hope Fitz can take what the D and play design is and not start passing up on guaranteed 5 yard gains for a bunch of 50/50 balls down field.

Fitz needs to balance himself and im not sure if he is that type of guy. We dont need him skipping/rushing the primary read bc he wants to get to that 3rd read down field.

we dont need quick 3 and outs. if we dont give our opponents short fields. If we limit our opponents to 8 possessions, they might get 17 points at most on a good day.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04441 seconds with 10 queries