View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Reaction to Draft: exceeds, meets, or meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
At first I wasn't too thrilled about this draft, however after taking some time to really think about it I like what we have done here.
We beefed up the O-Line, added a pass rusher, got a speed running back, A sure hand catcher, and secondary depth. Also remember none of these guys have been in a NFL weight room or used a NFL nutrition plan.

It's on our coaching staff to develop these guys, the talent and work ethic is there.

Trent Murphy- What I like about this pick is that he has what Rack doesn't... He knows how to use his hands and has multiple move to get to passer. He is was the hardest working player on the Stanford defense. It was also noted that he brings the "Nasty" attitude that you want to hear about.

Morgan Mosses- Many of us wanted him in the second round, getting him in the third is a value pick. Watching him in the Senior Bowl, he can be legit. Coaching him up to play like that all the time will be key. We may finally have our bookends tackles.

Spencer Long- Big, tough, physical, ornery blocker with starter-quality is what is written about him. I think we can use that on this line. Brings the "Nasty", I see spencer as a smarter, younger Incognito without all the PR crap. Future Starter

Bashaud Breeland- He could be the steal of the draft. Considered by many to be a late second round pick, when he bulks up in a NFL weight room, he could become the starter opposite Amerson. He reminds me of Antoine Winfield. A corner who likes to hit.

Ryan Grant- Although he had a week 40 time, he was the top performer in the 3 cone drill at the combine. That means he is quick in space, not straight line speed. His strengths are route running and catching the ball. Another player that needs a NFL workout routine and weight room. working with PG can make him into a superstar.

Lache Seastrunk- Another possible steal. Great compliment speed back. I think being back around RG3 will benefit him on and off the field.

The 2 seventh round picks are camp fodder. Overall good, possible great draft.
I read that he gave up 2 sacks in 500+ pass attempts. I like that. Put his ass in at RT so Mr. Polumbus can back him up. lol. Great pick.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.11142 seconds with 10 queries