View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 06:36 PM   #13
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Garcia has had some law trouble and really isn't a top tier QB.
Steve McNair had some trouble with the law, too, and that didn't stop people from voting him the league's co-MVP. I'm sure you're aware Garcia holds the Niners record for passing yards in a single season, a career TD-to-INT ratio of 2:1, and a career passer rating of 88.3 (good for 4th all-time, and better than that of Tom Brady, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, by the way). How does that disqualify him as a top-tier quarterback?

Quote:
Why shouldn't Vick go straight to Blank? When they bring someone in who wants your job, you'd get suspicious and a bit upset wouldn't you? I think you would. .
I'd be a little concerned if I were Vick, too. After all, Greg Knapp is the new offensive coordinator in Atlanta. Guess where he was last year, and who he coached the last five years?

Quote:
There should be a clear line on your team between starters and backups. Quarterback controverseys are bad. Gibbs better decide really fast this year who our starter is. I don't want any type of controversy. It can tear a team apart.

I hope he makes the right decesion and doesn't run Ramsey out of town.
A quarterback controversy can be destructive on a team where the inmates run the asylum (see "Steve Spurrier era"), but Joe Gibbs has a way of keeping the peace in the locker room, and promoting harmony where there would otherwise be dischord. In this case, the quarterback competition will enhance the performance of both QBs, and if it is indeed a competition in the truest sense-- as Joe Gibbs swears it will be-- the team will benefit.

If Ramsey loses the competition and is unable to swallow his pride for the sake of the team, then the team is better off without him anyway. I like Ramsey, and I think he has a legitimate shot at being the starter this year (I know I'm in the miniscule minority on that one), but if Ramsey tries to undermine Gibbs' authority in the locker room, then he's not the man I thought he was, and he's got to go.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03979 seconds with 10 queries