View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #112
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Lowlights from the interview:
unless noted with quotes, all comments are just my paraphrasing

Bruce claims interviews with Bowles and other high profile coaches who went on to be DC elsewhere were just to get "ideas" on things we could do to improve the defense. When asked about how that all worked with Manusky on staff as DC, Bruce says that Manusky was a participant in those interviews. (JP Later followed up on this and Bruce said Manusky wasn't involved with the Bowles interview but some others)

Q: What do you say about your accountability for the teams wins and losses?
A: Doug and I have to find good healthy players and then the coaches need to put them in a position to win."

Q: Do you think that you're close?
A: Yes, we were 2 games back from a playoff spot. Between free agency and the draft and getting players back healthy, we're well positioned.

Q: What is it like interviewing a DC candidate when you already have a DC?
A: Sneaky evasive answer that doesn't say anything, then says "There will be conversations with other coaches here tonight. If they go well, Jay may come down to here (the Sr. Bowl.)"

Q: Is the GM role something that will get filled or do you like the current power structure?
A: We are very happy with Doug and the group he has... We are comfortable with the department we have.

Q: Who was involved with theAlex trade
A: "Alex trade was a no brainer." First met with offensive coaching staff and Greg Manusky. Talked about current QBs and available QBs. It was unanimous in coaching staff that they wanted Smith. Ran it by personnel department and it was unanimous they wanted Smith.

Q: Fan discontent. The message you're giving is that we're very close. But the fans don't seem to think so. There is even an online movement called #firebruceallen which i'm sure you're aware of. What do you think of that?
A: We're 7-9 and went through heartbreaking injuries. Fans saw a good football team. We have to learn to finish the season. Its heart-wrenching. Fans are passionate and they want us to win football games.

Q: Given the state of the franchise, why do you think you're the right person to lead the organization?
A: (Bruce seems surprised and awkwardly repeats question aloud as he tries to figure out how to respond) I share the passion with the fanbase... uhh... We're going to get this thing turned around. alright, goodbye (starts walking off - it had previously been announced that this would be his last question)

Reporter: This was nice, we should do it more often
(Bruce chuckles and walks away)
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06930 seconds with 10 queries