View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I plead to the mods.....PLEASE ban JR if he posts to this thread again.
I have no more tears to cry......
Lol. Seriously though if you are an animal lover its tough stuff to read.

JR, years ago in my college days in Miami - i had moved into a friends apartment (across a very busy road from my old apartment) with my dog Shea. I took her out for a walk one nite and locked myself out. This was before cell phones so i decided to walk her back to the old apt and call the landlord to come unlock the door. We are standing in the middle of the road and she wiggles her way out of her leash. I remember standing there thinking "please dont move". She moved. I looked up and of course some type of limo is next in line - i see Shea disappear in front of it and i hear a yelp. The car slammed on its brakes and i walked around the other side. I remember thinking "please let her be obviously dead because i cant handle a half dead /maimed/ dying dog. To my surprise only her front left leg had gotten trapped under the wheel. Not a scratch on the rest of her body. I yelled - back up slowly! He did and Shea got up and took off. I couldnt believe it. I ran back to the old apt and the door was open (nice miami nite). My roomates are all sitting there and im like "did Shea come in here"? Yeah shes upstairs. She came back to a familiar place - rite upstairs to our old room and was lying at the foot of the bed where she always slept. I followed the blood trail. Took her to a 24 hour vet at 1 am. No smartphones to find one - i dont speak spanish. It was very hard to find one and i remember driving around thinking my ****ing dog is going to bleed to death.
Anyway - i found one. The vet told me - she will be fine but she will have arthritis in that leg when she is older. It set in pretty bad when she turned about 8 or 9. By the time she was 12 the leg was really causing her pain and ultimately was what ended her time here. I will never forget how surprised i was when i came around and saw her "intact" though.
Edit: that is really sad about your son , but i think in someway it helps him to understand life and death - that being said i hope he has a dog that lives twenty years with him at some point. My daughter is six and when we just went through our ordeal with Juliette i was trying to prep her for the fact that Jules might be going to heaven. The look on her face was enough to make a stone cry.

Last edited by punch it in; 02-07-2013 at 12:01 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04517 seconds with 10 queries