View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #40
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins dominating the 1st round

That is one way to look at it..............

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-all-32-teams

New York Giants
Draft pick: Duke QB Daniel Jones (No. 6 overall); Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence (No. 17 overall); Georgia CB Deandre Baker (No. 30 overall)
Day 1 grade: B
Draft analysis: I mentioned Jones as a sensible replacement for Eli Manning back in November. The QB possesses a lot of positive traits, and it was time for the Giants to find a successor for Manning. However, many people do not believe Jones is an elite prospect, so the value of the pick will be questioned until he proves otherwise. They received an extra first-rounder in the trade of Odell Beckham to the Browns, and they selected Lawrence, a massive defensive tackle, with the pick. If he shows the ability to push the pocket as well as provide a wall inside, he'll be a major success. GM David Gettleman moved back into Round 1 to pick Baker, the top prospect at a position of need, giving up two Saturday picks (which they had a lot of) in the deal.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.47899 seconds with 10 queries