View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #21
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins Bye week

I think we can all agree we'd like to see Doc more involved. He's definitely shown flashes. But is that going to be a consistent thing or just an every ~4 games thing?

Although, I think some big factors have been slowing his involvement; A new QB who isn't known as a risky thrower and a Run-game that has been efficient.

A. Smith isn't going to throw those risky balls that Doctson is known to bring down unless he actually has to, as in, we're down 17 points and need some quick scores so we start airing it out.

When you play with the lead and the run game can grind away the clock why would you throw risky, jump balls that can stop the clock?

I believe this week against the Saints will be different. Brees will definitely get his yards/scores so we're going to need to score a good amount of points as well. If the run game doesn't utterly dominate we'll need to throw some passes. I'd expect Doc to get some looks unless Reed/Thompson take over, which they very well could.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.90848 seconds with 10 queries