View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #56
scowan
The Starter

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I love my WR's but hate my RB's lol.

WR: C. Johnson, W. Welker, Jordy Nelson (Reserves nothing to write home about: L. Robinson, Oakland's third string - whatever his name is lol).

RB's: Marshawn Lynch, Stevan Ridley & Pierre Thomas (Reserve: S. Vereen)

TE: Gates, QB: Ryan, with Fitzpatrick in reserve, DEF: Chicago, K: Hansen

Wanted Bradshaw or Gore as my 2nd back but both stolen either the pick ahead of me (Bradshaw) or 2 picks ahead (Gore). Instead of Bradshaw I took Nelson (4th Round) but should have grabbed Gore, even if Nelson had been gone by my next pick. In the 5th, with Gore gone, I picked Gates. Would have felt better with Gore, Nelson/Bowe (who was still on the Board at my 5th pick so would have gotten either Bowe or Nelson as a 3rd WR). Gore/Bowe > Nelson/Gates.

Those two rounds were my biggest screw-up and really puts me in a hole. Gates is nice, but he will put up middle of the pack numbers and my 2nd back probably won't even do that. Grrrrr.

I think this is Ryan's break out year - two great wide outs, solid TE and an aging runner mean more reliance on his arm. Doubt he will put up Rodgers numbers, but betting he will be in the neighborhood.
Joe your WRs are obviously strong and I don't know if you start 2WR and have a Flex or not, but with your team I would start all 3 WR using one in the flex. You are only weak at one position and that's RB and its better to be weak at one than several. Just monitor the league and look for waiver guys to fill in your RB2 position. Did Donald Brown get drafted? or Ronnie Brown? You might reach deep now for some week 1 starters to get off the waiver wire and then go from there. Whom ever drafted Ryan Mathews won't be using him for a few weeks so Ronnie Brown might get ou thru a few games until you can see how things develop.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04814 seconds with 10 queries