View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #28
Kope
Special Teams

Re: What would you most like to see this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
In today's NFL you need a top QB and a head coach to be a contender year in and year out. If Haskins is the answer I still think we are lacking in the coach department.
With all the crap Gruden has navigated and not lost the locker room I actually think he is underrated. I really have a hard time buying into we are going to suck this year. I fully understand why it is a common belief, but for some reason this year I can't buy into it.

- across the board the roster has been made younger and more talented (last three drafts)

- Kase Keenum might suck, or he might be Rich Gannon (their career stats to this point are pretty close). Gruden can get QBs to play to their potential.

- The injuries have to calm down at some point. Is there a stats guy on this board that can figure out far from the mean we have been the past two years? A full standard deviation?

I am probably wrong but I think we are in better shape than most think.

Anyway, Gruden has been able to accomplish more than any other coach not named Gibbs. It has taken 5 years but for the most part he has reduced the insanity and turned the ship in the right direction. I hope he sticks.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03629 seconds with 10 queries