View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #70
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
No.If Bell is healthy and is allowed to be a free agent, there will be a bidding war and he will get his $20 million. See Kirk Cousins.
I do not see anything wrong with Bell holding out. He is fighting a system that favors the teams and can trap players on teams they may not want to play for. Bell met his obligation to Steelers and played out his rookie contract. He played very well for them Steelers also got one of the best RB’s in the NFL for bargain price.
In a $9 billion dollar a year business that the average employee only works a few years due work place injuries or lack of production, then is tossed out like trash, it is crazy a player cannot get his freedom after meeting his initial obligation, so he can go work at his dream job or make a maximum salary. All because his current boss owns him?
If Bell’s life long dream was to play for the Redskins and was prevented from it, would you be calling Bell a negative then?
I find it interesting we are using words and phrase's like ...."fighting the system" and "trap players","his Freedom","Obligation" and I love this one....."his current boss owns him" .... about a football player looking to make 14 million DOLLARS for a season.We seem to forget that that player (and others) all agreed to the way it is through "Collective Bargaining". This is the way the business side of football runs Bell and his representatives know this .Yes he has to do what is right for him I get it but please let's not make this out like he is a slave,he is an employee and working the system that is in place for him to achieve his desired goal for himself and his family,simply put.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05722 seconds with 10 queries