View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"
I don't want any part of Tomlin. I'm iffy on Bowles, but I may be willing to give him another opportunity. It also depends on who he brings in as an offensive coordinator. Bieniemy is "fresh blood" when it comes to being a head coach, so I'd be willing to give him an opportunity.

Back to Tomlin...... I've always thought Tomlin was a "rah rah" kinda guy. He also comes off like a fake, tough guy in his pressers and on the sidelines. He benefited from the residual effect of Bill Cowher (and, in some ways to long time defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau). The Steelers have been a well-run organization since around the late 80's or early 90's (particularly, when Cowher came aboard in '92), and Tomlin reaped the rewards from it.

I told several of my family members and friends, who are Steeler fans, a decade ago that Tomlin was nothing more than a cheerleader called "Coach." Some of those same folks laughed at me. Guess what? Many of those same people have been agreeing with me in the past three seasons.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.79359 seconds with 10 queries