View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #67
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
It seems that objects are okay .. it gets tricky when using team names after groups of people .. Even though I like Cherokee and other tribe names it still leaves the door open for controversy...but even as I type this did not Florida state get in trouble for the tomahawk chop move ? It’s going to be tricky and Dan has one shot at getting this right .. keeping the diehards pleased and being political correct .. I hope this turns out good
I agree that I would try to stay away from names referring to a specific race or nation. The public sentiment can and probably will sway in the future. 30 years from now when he is in his 80s does he really want to be fighting another name change and have that be his legacy for the franchise? I know I wouldn't. In terms of keeping the diehards pleased they will come around. I can't imagine not rooting for the same group of players just because the logo and nickname has changed. Every parent that is a football fan will still want to take their kid to see them play or watch the games as a family on Sunday. We will all be here on the gameday thread talking to each other even if they change everything.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07278 seconds with 10 queries