View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #24
Warthog
The Starter

The McNabb trade: 10 years later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
And we have been so so close in the draft to at least two HOF'ers ...

1983, Marino fell all the way to the second to last pick Miami ... we took Darrell Green in the last pick of that first round, which was awesome. But can you imagine Joe Gibbs with Dan Marino??? And there's no reason to think Green wouldn't have fallen to us in the second round too. That would have been all time home run ...

2005, Aaron Rodgers falls all the way to Green Bay at 24. We picked Jason Campbell at 25. (And chose Carlos Rogers at 9 earlier that round, to be fair).

What could have been ...

Dan Marino or Aaron Rodgers. Excellent recounting of the HUGE draft misses of that era . Both of those QB’s are/were great and had long careers of winning football.

I remember when we had Jason Campbell - he would have occasional flashes of brilliance but couldn’t carry the team or win the close games. Just good enough to make the team give him a few more games to try to see if he was the franchise leader we needed. We have had a terrible record of drafting QB, with our first pick, since the early 1990’s: Shuler, Ramsey, Campbell, RG3. All total busts, except RG3’s rookie year.

I think Haskins will be a winner if he is supported with the missing pieces to the OL and TE and WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 04-20-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06087 seconds with 10 queries